Monday, June 17, 2013

A Big Decison...

 
Well, I have finally made the decision to sell my lovely home.  There were a few factors for me to come to this decision....continuous wood rot having to be fixed...plus other repairs that will have to be done in the near future...plus a time to move on from my current job (been there for 15 years), I need a new challenge, don't know what yet but something will hopefully fall into place for me and also for me to have a new adventure!
 
 
I will live my Dad for a few months until I decide where I want to go but it will most likely be down the south coast of NSW.  It will give me the opportunity to save while living with my Dad, I won't have to travel so much to drop his dinners off, its closer to work so I won't have to get up so early. So living with my Dad for a short time will have its pluses but I know it will have it minuses too and we will most probably get on each other nerves every now and then but that will make me get out into my Mum's poor garden as it has been very neglected. Bailey will love it too as he will have my Dad as company during the day and I am sure my Dad will enjoy Bailey's company too!
 

It's scary and exciting at the same time, don't get me wrong I will miss my house that I have put so much work into, mainly the gardens.  But, that is the fun of owning a house....doing it the way that you want it.  I will definitely be having a similar cottage garden as I just love them!
 
I would like to have a bigger vegie garden too and most of the houses that I have been looking at have bigger backyards than I currently have.
 
 
It will be on the market by next month so I have been decluttering and moving what I can now to my Dad's!!  It will be a good opportunity for me to have a big clean out!
 
Stay tuned!
 
Have a great day!
xx


11 comments:

  1. Oh Karen what an undertaking but I am so happy for you!
    I think it's just great to have the courage to pull up stakes and re-group so to speak.
    I know you will have a beautiful garden no matter how large or small your yard will be when you find the perfect home.
    There will be lots of adjustments for 'dad' as well - but you two will work it out. The best part is...'you both agreed to it' - it wasn't forced on one person.
    I'll pray for a fast sell.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it will be a big adjustment for the both of us for a few months, I haven't lived at home for such a long time. What I'm excited about is that I can create a lovely garden again and put my touches on a house to make if my home. Thanks for praying, I would love it to go quickly as I ready to move on with my life.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Karen. When you say south coast do you mean Nowra area or Wollongong area or even further south? Have fun with your decluttering, I'm still at it but soooo slowly. Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue. No further than that, Narooma/Dalmeny, as far away from the hustle and bustle of Sydney as possible. I have friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that would be tough leaving those beautiful gardens and your home is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will be hard to leave, but I made the gardens what they are today as they were very overgrown when I moved in. My next house I will create the same.

      Delete
  5. What a great adventure you'll have. It's so nice in Southern NSW Good luck with the sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette, yes I am looking at it as an adventure.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you all the best with your new adventures Karen. I know you will miss your gorgeous cottage and garden but I have no doubt that you will create something absolutely wonderful in your new home.

    Cheers
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia, that's what I'm looking forward to, creating a new garden.

      Delete
  7. HI , I just stumbled across your blog and love it, what a beautiful garden its so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Your thoughts and comments are always welcome!